Tuesday, February 14, 2012

A Conversation Somewhere over the Rainbow


     I woke up somewhere unfamiliar with a terrible aching two inches above my left eyebrow. I was dizzy, but not enough to keep me from making out my surroundings. Beautiful multicolor trees and shrubs covered the bright green grass, like a patchwork quilt over a bed. I could feel the sun evaporating the strawberry smelling dew which was dripping off the petals of purple flowers. As I got up off the ground I noticed a lady dressed in a beautiful pink dress, like the color of bubblegum. Little people, that looked a lot like a weird species of trolls, huddled around her with toothy smiles. I approached them cautiously so I wouldln't disturb the perfect scene. The lady turned to me with a delightful smile.

     "Welcome! Welcome! I'm Glenda the Good Witch! We are honored to have you in Munchkin land!" She said Delightfully.

     "Not Really," I turned around quickly to see a pair of feet sticking out from under a house.

      Glenda stared at the feet and said,"Of Course we're honored to have her," Then she turned to me and said,"Don't mind her. She's always this way."

     "What am I doing here?" I asked, but then I paused. This was so familiar. Then it struck me,"Isn't Munchkinland from that book?"

     "Yes, Yes. It's from the book," Glenda said.

     Then the person under the house spoke up again and said,"It's such an awful book. Why did they make the house fall on me?"

     "You deserved it," said Glenda," You should be glad you didn't actually die when the house fell on you."

     They were getting off track so I spoke up again,"What am I doing here?"

     "You're here to save Dorthy,"said Glenda.

     "Dorthy? What happened to Dorthy?" I asked.

     "She ignored that whole song about following the yellow brick road and she wandered onto the red one," said the person under the house.

     "And if she doesn't get back onto the yellow brick road soon, she'll die!" said Glenda.

     "Yippee!" said the person under the house.

     "But why me?" I asked.

     "I don't know. Only people who need to learn something get sent here for missions. Usually their easier, but this mission... it's different," said Glenda.

     "How?" I asked.

     "You will have to save Dorthy or you will be stuck here forever," said Glenda glumly.

     "What? I can't save Dorthy! She's miles away!" I said.

     "Just because something is hard, doesn't mean you shouldn't try," said Glenda.

      "Fine," I said tasting defeat,"I'll go."

     After a mile of walking on the red brick road, I realized what Glenda was saying. My whole life I was scared to try new things because I thought it was to hard for me or that I wouldn't be good at whatever it was. If I was to get anywhere in my life I would have to try. With that in my mind I walked a little faster. I was determined to save Dorthy.

                                                                     The end



I got my picture at http://sincerelyyoursonline.blogspot.com/2011/01/so-long-farewell-auf-wiedersehen-hello.html

No comments:

Post a Comment