Tuesday, March 6, 2012

The Hunger Games



      The Hunger Games, by Suzanne Collins, starts out with Katniss Everdeen going to the woods to hunt food for her Sister and Mother. After a successful hunt, Katniss returns home to get ready to go to the drawing for the Hunger Games. Her younger sister gets picked to go, but Katniss volunteers for her so she won't have to go. Katniss goes to the Hunger Games with a boy named Peeta Mellark, along with many other girls and boys from different districts. Soon the Hunger Games begin and her chances are very good. She teams up with Peeta and together they win the Hunger Games. Except now, the capitol is mad at them because they refused to kill each other. Katniss and Peeta start to go home and hope the capitol won't punish them. Then the book ends just as they are about to enter town.


      I think the theme of this book is survival because Katniss is trying to survive throughout the whole book. At the beginning of the book, Katniss had to go hunting so she and her family could survive. In the middle of the book, Katniss had to survive the Hunger Games so she could go home and help her family. Even at the end of the story she had to pretend to be in love so she could survive against the angry government. That's why I think the theme of this story is survive.

      I would recommend this book to anyone. People who like action packed stories and people who don't read much will like it a lot. That's because the plot is always getting more interesting and exciting every minute. When I was reading it, I couldn't get my nose out of it. That's why I recommend the Hunger Games to anyone.

I got my picture at http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Hunger_Games

No comments:

Post a Comment